Jan 5, 2017

Back to the Basics

I realized recently that, when it comes to my blog that I love so dearly, I have been trying way too hard.  Focusing on the wrong things.  Forgetting the reason I started this thing in the first place.  This was meant to be an outlet, an escape, free therapy even.  I never used to care how many views or comments my blog posts got, or how many people liked my Facebook page or followed me on Instagram.  I'm not sure when it happened, but at some point along the way I became absorbed in something way more than I ever wanted this blog to be about.

Popularity.

I started thinking of topics I could write about that would increase traffic to my blog.  And when that didn't work, I was so discouraged by my lack of popularity in the blogosphere that I quit writing altogether.

Over the past week, I've had a few friends ask about my blog and whether I still write.  I was saddened to admit to them that I haven't posted in a long time.  Maybe because you have nothing to write about, one suggested.  Perhaps.  Or maybe I think no one wants to hear what I have to say?  Should that be a reason not to write?  Of course not!  Why not go back to the basics and write from the heart like I did when I first started this little project?  That was, after all, my best, most popular work.

So that's what I'll be doing from now on.  Writing from the heart.  No frills, no gimmicks, no popularity contests.  Just me - Charlotte - a single mom on the grind and living life the best way I can. 

These are my stories... ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Vote For Me @ The Top Mommy Blogs Directory Vote For Me @ The Top Mommy Blogs Directory