Aug 5, 2012

Sickness & The Single Mom

I pride myself on being a pretty independent woman.  Like super-talented songstress and fellow single mom, Jill Scott said in her song "The Fact Is (I Need You)", "I can pay my own light bill baby...put my own gas in my own car...I can buy my own shoe collection...I've been blessed thus far..." 

Regardless of how independent I may be, there comes a time when I have to admit it would be nice to have a man around the house.  Of course, I already talked about this in my earlier post where I sure could have used a big, strong man to come and kill some unidentified creature that had found its way into my bathroom.  But there are also times like this weekend, when my head feels like its stuck in the clouds, my energy level is below zero and my kids have an uncanny resemblance to the Energizer Bunny, yet all I can think about is ensuring I have a steady supply of:


How sweet would it be to have some help at a time like this?!  Someone to fulfill K's request for Sunday morning pancakes?  Someone to play Wii tennis with J?  Or someone to run to the store to pick me up some more OJ?!

I have to say, I did have a couple of sweet offers to bring me some soup, which I really appreciated (thank you again!).  But considering I look a hot, steaming mess right now (think matted hair, runny nose, glassy eyes and jacked up voice, minus the energy to make myself look half decent), I felt I had no choice but to respectfully decline.  The adult company sure would have been nice though.

My only solace is found in knowing that this too shall pass, just like everything else.  My kids, bless their hearts, are doing their best to take care of Mommy with lots of hugs, kisses and "I hope you feel better" wishes.  Within a couple of days, I should be back to my normal self.  But for right now, the couch is my new best friend...

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better now and over your illneess! It is no fun when momma is sick. Even if you are married, still no fun! nobody knows what to do! Hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling much better now, thank you! And thanks for stopping by, don't be a stranger!

    ReplyDelete

Vote For Me @ The Top Mommy Blogs Directory Vote For Me @ The Top Mommy Blogs Directory